When Can A Divorce Decree Be Modified?

After your divorce is finalized, you may still run into family legal issues that need to be resolved. Specifically, a substantial or material change in circumstances may necessitate a post-divorce modification to child custody, visitation or child support obligations.

Modification cases can be complicated and highly contentious. Whether you seek to bring or defend against a modification request, you need an aggressive legal advocate to protect your rights and interests.

At Grimes & Fertitta, P.C., we are here to support you both during and after your divorce from our offices in The Woodlands and Houston, Texas. With decades of combined legal experience, we use our advanced negotiation and trial skills to intelligently advocate on your behalf. We are committed to helping you find an efficient and effective resolution that allows your family to move forward.

Contact us to discuss your questions and concerns with one of our Houston support modification attorneys. We serve clients throughout the Houston, Texas, area.

Advocating For Your Best Interests

In Texas, modifications are not easily obtained, and issuance depends on a substantial or material change in circumstances such as:

  • Loss of employment
  • Remarriage
  • Significant increase or decrease in salary
  • Parent or child relocation
  • Change in a child's medical needs
  • Onset or recovery from substance abuse
  • Domestic violence
  • Failure to comply with the existing divorce decree

Our law firm is widely recognized for our ability to obtain favorable outcomes for our clients throughout the divorce process and in post-decree modification matters. Regardless of the complexity of your case, you can rely on our lawyers' work ethic, litigation experience and exceptional personal service to help you accomplish your objectives.

Contact Us For Help With Custody Modification

With a focus on personal attention, straightforward counsel and proven results, our law firm is ready to help you resolve your complex family law issues. Call us at 281-407-8256 or 800-584-3973, or contact us online.