Call for a consultation.
Se habla español.

Car Accidents FAQ

Grimes & Fertitta > Personal Injury  > Car Accidents FAQ

Car Accidents FAQ

car accident FAQ

In Texas, driving is a necessity, but it comes with risks. Any ride on any road means there is a possibility of being injured in an auto accident.

The attorneys of Grimes & Fertitta, P.C., in Houston and The Woodlands are here to answer your most pressing questions about motor vehicle accident injuries. Given below are a few of the questions we hear the most.


The other driver was uninsured. Now what?

While drivers are supposed to carry insurance, some people cannot afford it or just refuse to do it. Due to those types of cases, most insurance companies have uninsured or underinsured coverage. However, this type of coverage can be limited.

I was a passenger in the accident. Can I make a claim?

You could be entitled to compensation for any injury that is the result of an auto accident and that includes accidents where you were simply a passenger. This is also the case if you were a passenger of the driver who was at fault. You did not cause the accident simply by riding in the vehicle.

What should I do after an accident?

First and foremost, after any car accident you should seek medical attention, if needed, and contact the police and your insurance company. After that, however, seek advice from a lawyer who focuses on motor vehicle accident cases.

The other driver is not completely at fault. Is that a problem?

Texas law features a concept called comparative or contributory negligence. What that means is if your accident is mostly the fault of the other party, you still could be entitled to compensation. Sometimes both drivers are somewhat at fault, but there could be a big difference in who was most at fault.

Attentive Advocacy In Motor Vehicle Accident Claims

If you have been injured, you might be entitled to compensation. Contact Grimes & Fertitta, P.C., today at our Houston or The Woodlands offices to schedule a free consultation with one of our attorneys. Call us at 281-407-8256 or 800-584-3973 toll free. You may also use our convenient online form.