Houston Car Accident Lawyer
No matter how much a person loves Houston, if you’re a Houston car accident lawyer, then you can’t help but see just how dangerous the roads of our beloved city can be. That’s why the Houston car accident attorneys at Grimes & Fertitta work hard to help Houstonians and Texans hurt in vehicle accidents to get the maximum compensation possible for their injuries.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car wreck or another type of vehicle accident, it can be difficult to know what steps you should take — and in what order. Here is a general outline of the actions that may ultimately help with your case:
- Priority number one: Get proper medical help. Move a safe distance away from the scene of the accident and call 9-11.
- Note: The police will create accident reports that can be extremely useful to you in the future.
- Once you or your loved one is safe, collect the recommend evidence at the scene of the accident outlined in our article, What to do After a Car Accident.
- Next, research the basics of vehicle and car accident claims (found below) and call a trusted Houston car accident lawyer. Grimes & Fertitta offers free consultations.
- Start to formulate your answers to the important questions to ask after a car accident before and during your consultation.
- Finally, start building your case with your Houston car accident lawyer.
Of course, even the above steps can feel overwhelming, especially if you’re still dealing with the fallout from an accident. This is why we can’t emphasize enough how critical it is that you find a Houston car accident lawyer who truly has you and your family’s best interests at heart. The quality and conscientiousness of your Houston car accident lawyer can make a huge difference in both your case results and your overall legal experience.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, we encourage you to continue studying the basics of vehicle and car accident claims and to contact a Houston car accident lawyer at Grimes & Fertitta today.
The importance of gathering evidence and building your case quickly
The Houston car accident lawyers at Grimes & Fertitta advise that you move as quickly as possible with your case, because the further away you get from the date and scene of your car accident, the harder it can be to gather evidence for your case.
Depending on the circumstances of your accident, this evidence can include:
- Photos of the scene of the accident (including the vehicles involved, the surrounding area, skid marks, etc.)
- Insurance, vehicle, and contact information of those involved in the accident
- Names and contact information of the police officers who arrived on the scene
- Names, contact information, and statements from eyewitnesses
Why worry about this information now, when you may be disoriented and scared? Because without it, the insurance companies, manufacturers, or trucking companies that may eventually be involved in your claim may be able to build a stronger case against you. Despite what they say, all of these entities do not want to pay you your full compensation; they will use any evidence they gather—or a lack of evidence from you—against you.
These companies will move quickly, so it’s in your best interest to move quickly, too.
Should I hire a Houston car accident lawyer?
How a Houston car accident attorney can help your case
Many people believe that hiring a Houston car accident lawyer is a complicated and costly alternative to just going it alone. This couldn’t be further from the truth. Unfortunately, the reality is that insurance companies are more invested in saving themselves money than in getting you the compensation you need. A Houston car accident lawyer can help you:
- Determine whether or not you have a case: A trusted Houston car accident lawyer can look at all the different elements (described below) of a car accident case and determine whether or not you should pursue legal action. They know what questions need to be answered can help you gather additional evidence. But be careful: inexperienced lawyers can waste your time and money by making this determination incorrectly.
- Determine whether you should seek a settlement or go to trial: Sometimes, even with the help of a lawyer, companies still refuse to offer a settlement amount that meets all of your needs. A quality Houston accident attorney will have insight into when you should accept a settlement or take your case to trial. More importantly, they will have the experience, dedication, and finesse required for a successful outcome in court.
- Find additional resources and experts: Many cases require accident reconstruction or insight into a particular area of expertise. A Houston accident lawyer will know how and when to gather the additional resources and experts you need to build a compelling case.
- Take on insurance companies, trucking companies, etc.: These companies are used to throwing their weight around, intimidating and tricking accident victims into settling for less than they deserve. A Houston car accident lawyer knows the strategies companies like these use to whittle away at your compensation—and how to combat them.
- Handling your case in a timely manner while you heal: Vehicle accident cases can last anywhere from a few months to years. A trustworthy Houston car accident attorney will take steps to expedite your case as much as possible. Working with a car crash lawyer can also provide you and your family with more space to recover from your injuries without losing momentum in your case.
Why should I hire a Houston car accident lawyer from Grimes & Fertitta?
The Houston car accident lawyers at Grimes and Fertitta have earned our positive reputation amongst clients and colleagues alike for several reasons.
Among other accolades, Grimes & Fertitta have been designated as Super Lawyers, named Houston Top Lawyers, and have won several landmark cases. Perhaps more importantly, we are known for our thoroughness, thoughtfulness, and straightforward approach both in and out of the courtroom. With decades of experience to our credit, we have earned particular renown for our handling of sensitive and tough cases, including cases of wrongful death.
We recognize that we are meeting our clients during what is likely one of the most difficult times of their lives. We take pride in the fact that when clients decide to work with us, they can rest assured that they’ve placed their case and future in good, trustworthy hands.