Trusted Fatal Truck Accident Lawyer in Houston
Losing a loved one to a fatal truck accident isn’t easy to cope with, especially if you are trying to seek justice in the midst of such a tragedy. The fatal truck accident lawyers at Grimes & Fertitta are here to help you and your family fight for compensation with the compassion you need to recover and rebuild.
As former insurance company defense lawyers, our attorneys understand the ins and outs of how insurance companies will approach your case. This inside knowledge combined with decades of courtroom experience allows our attorneys to leverage this understanding in order to craft stronger arguments and build a better case with the best outcome possible.
To speak to one of the best personal injury lawyers in Houston, call us today for a free consultation at 713-224-7644.
Common causes of fatal truck accidents
An average car driver is four times more likely to be killed in a truck accident than in a regular car crash. Large trucks can weigh up to 80,000 pounds, almost 20 times more than average passenger vehicles. Even at lower speeds, a collision with a large truck can cause more catastrophic injuries to drivers in general. So, why do they happen?
Here are some of the most common causes of fatal truck accidents in Texas:
- Tired or distracted drivers
- Ignoring traffic regulations
- Poor weather conditions
- Maintenance issues
- Driving under the influence
In some cases, we’ve seen those in the trucking industry using their vast resources to prevent families from receiving the compensation they deserve. This compensation can be used to cover medical bills or funeral costs that the family are burdened with as a result of a fatal truck accident. At Grimes & Fertitta, we don’t believe that any family member should worry about these costs and that they should be focused on figuring out next steps and healing.
To stay informed on certain truck accident-related topics, read our article What causes a truck to jackknife?
What to do after a truck accident
After being involved, or losing someone in a truck accident, people often ask, “What should I do in the days following a truck accident?” Knowing what to do when you get in an accident can help protect yourself and other loved ones in the future.
- Report the crash and seek help: Whether you’re searching for medical help for you or a loved one, seek medical help ASAP even if the injured party doesn’t seem hurt. Contact the legal authorities that a crash has occurred for proper documentation.
- Identify the parties involved: This means not only identifying the driver that struck you or your loved one, but identifying the company the driver works for and the manufacturer of the truck. Look for logos or other indicators. Getting the driver’s information is crucial, but remember to gather all of the information you can to build a strong case.
- Document the accident and look for witnesses: Insurance companies use poor documentation as a way to twist your case in their favor. Having witness testimonies can help paint a clear picture of what happened to strengthen your case.
- Enlist legal help: Whether you’re looking to speak to a personal injury lawyer or a wrongful death lawyer, you need to move quickly. Most claims must be filed within two years after the accident has occurred. The more time you spend waiting, the more time insurance companies have to build a case against you.
Should I hire a fatal truck accident lawyer?
The short answer is yes. Even if the insurance company is making you an offer, there’s still a good chance that you may be entitled to more than you can get on your own.
If you’re seeking justice for a loved one who was involved in a Houston truck accident, it can be difficult to juggle navigating the legal system while also healing emotionally from the loss. An experienced and compassionate attorney can ease some of that burden by helping you go toe-to-toe with insurance companies and build your case beside you. Our lawyers at Grimes & Fertitta will fight for your justice so you and your family can focus on healing.
Grimes & Fertitta: Fatal Truck Accident Lawyers You Can Trust
Whether you’re searching for an 18-wheeler accident lawyer, a semi truck accident lawyer, or a fatal car accident lawyer, the experienced attorneys at Grimes & Fertitta have the resources, expertise, and connections you need to win. We pride ourselves in taking a client-centered approach when building your case. We understand that this is a rough and overwhelming time for you and your family, and we’re here to guide you through your claim as you recover from this awful experience.
You don’t have to fight this legal battle alone. Our attorneys are well-equipped to fight for you and your family’s deserved compensation. Call us today at 713-224-7644 or request a free consultation online.
More Helpful Articles by Grimes & Fertitta: